Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Home Foreign US vs Iran: Hezbollah issues strong threat, say American troops in Middle...

US vs Iran: Hezbollah issues strong threat, say American troops in Middle East will return in coffins

The chief of Lebanon’s Iran-allied Hezbollah movement, Hassan Nasrallah, has warned that troops of the United States in the Middle East would return home in coffins.

Nasrallah explained that the threat was in retaliation for the assassination of Major General Qassem Soleiman.

The Hezbollah chief stated that the response to the assassination of Soleimani was not only Iran’s responsibility but also that of the entire axis of resistance.

Speaking in Beirut, Lebanon yesterday, Nasrallah said: “When the coffins of American soldiers and officers begin to be transported to the United States, President Donald Trump and his administration will realize that they have really lost the region and will lose the elections.”

He stated that attacks on US military forces in the Middle East will be “fair punishment” for the crime, listing US bases, naval ships and military personnel.

“The targeted killing of General Soleimani and Muhandis is the beginning of a new era not for Iraq or Iran, but for the whole region.

“We are witness to a heinous crime whose perpetrators are well-known. US President Donald Trump said he had ordered the (drone) strike (on the airport in Baghdad, Iraq).

“More than three years into his presidency, Trump has failed to accomplish the goals he had defined at the beginning of his tenure. Previous US attempts to assassinate General Soleimani had ended in failure. All of Trump’s forms of pressure to subdue Iran have also failed to realize that goal.”

A US-backed airstrike had killed Soleimani, who is the Revolutionary Guard General and head of the elite Quds Force, at Baghdad International Airport.

Soleimani’s killing had sparked rumors of a third world war likely to start between the US and Iran.

Also, Iran had threatened to attack the US White House, following warning of retaliation by Trump.

The threat was issued by Iranian MP, Abolfazl Abutorabi during an open session of parliament in Tehran, Iran, the country’s Labour News Agency reports.

For a better society

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Sanwo-olu congratulates Senator Adeola at 51

IBRAHIM QUADRI Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has congratulated Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola, who clocks 51 on Monday.

Youth Foundation supports Dogara’s defection to APC

SELYA YARNAP,  Bauchi  A group,Tafawa Balewa, Dass and Bogoro Youth Development Foundation, TDBYDF, has thrown its  weight  behind the...

Lagos petrol tanker drivers suspend strike

The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers has suspended its strike in Lagos State. This was contained...

Zero fatality recorded in Oyo’s isolation centres since inception – Taskforce

The Oyo State Task Force on COVID-19, said on Monday, that Isolation Centres run by the state has recorded zero fatality since...

Taraba: Gunmen kill Danlami Shamaki; a popular school proprietor

Emmanuel  Awari-Jalingo Unknown gunmen on Sunday murdered the proprietor of Winners Comprehensive High School, Jalingo (WCHSJ). It...

Bauchi NLC, government flex muscles over salary payment

SELYA YARNAP, Bauchi Bauchi State Chapter of the Labour Congress has given the Bauchi State Government a one week...

Bordeaux bring back Jean-Louis Gasset as new coach

French Ligue 1 club Bordeaux appointed veteran French coach Jean-Louis Gasset on a two-year deal after parting ways earlier on Monday with...

Abiodun condoles with family over Sen. Buruji Kashamu’s death

Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State has expressed his condolences to the family of late Senator Buruji Kashamu, who died on Saturday...

“You ignored due process”, Appeal Court scolds INEC, overrules deregistration of 22 parties

The Court of Appeal in Abuja has reversed deregistration of 22 political parties by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

FG releases new details on MSMEs support scheme, budgets N200bn for loans

The Federal Government has released new details on the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) support scheme being rolled out under the...