Two senior Nigerian Army officers escaped any harm as their convoy encountered and cleared four Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) buried by suspected elements of Boko Haram terrorists along their way from Bama to Gwoza on Saturday.
The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, has urged troops in the north-east to remain steadfast in prosecuting the counter insurgency as history would not forget them.
The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, said the lessons he learnt from the Bangladesh National Defence while on course had been very useful in the counter insurgency operations in the North-East.
Nigerian troops fighting the extremist Boko Haram sect have suffered major setbacks, with the terror group sacking an army battalion, killing eight soldiers and wounding 11 others in two separate attacks in three days, reliable military insiders have told PREMIUM TIMES.
The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, has said negotiations are ongoing for the release of more Chibok schoolgirls still in the custody of the Boko Haram terrorists.
The Nigerian Army has debunked reports of an attack by Boko Haram militants in Pulka, a village in Borno state, northeast Nigeria.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC) on Tuesday paraded a 17-year-old Boko Haram suspect, who admitted killing 18 people since he joined the group three years ago.
–Shettima declares Dec 22 public holiday in Borno
AHMED MARI, MAIDUGURI
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the conduct of the 2017 Nigerian‐Army Small Arms Championship, (NASAC) in‐side the notorious Sambisa forest, former ‐enclave for the Boko Haram insurgents, has signified the end of the terrorist group.