Home Latest News BREAKING: 14 confirmed dead after cholera outbreak In Borno

BREAKING: 14 confirmed dead after cholera outbreak In Borno

Strike: FG cautions JOHESU members

The Borno State Government has confirmed an outbreak of cholera cases, leading to the death of 14 persons from suspected acute watery diarrhoea in the state.

Haruna Mshellia, the state Commissioner for Health, made the disclosure during a press conference in Maiduguri on Wednesday.

He said total 250 acute watery diarrhoea cases had been treated so far.

“Like I said last time, we sent samples to the National Laboratory in Abuja. I can officially confirm that there are eight positive cholera outbreaks in some areas in the state.

“Fourteen were dead in the area where we had acute, watery diarrhoea in the time frame, while there are over 380 cases of acute watery diarrhea presently”, he said.

Last week, it was reported that more a thousand people were currently suffering from acute watery diarrhea in the state.

For a better society

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply